March 11, 2011

My Artistic/Creative Style???

OK, so far I'm learning about creative style, which in my mind is the heart of art. I can draw, to me its almost a technical skill. But now I want to learn how to create. I'm starting to understand what the flow of art looks like, as I talked about with whimsical art and zentangling, and now even some experiments with spilling paint and free form collage. I've dabbled in a lot of different media, liking each one for different reasons. But I'm still having a hard time pulling it all together.

I know this all sounds like basic stuff to experienced artists, and those that have always been drawn to create and have done so. I've been drawn to create with no real outlet. Like I said, I can draw, but where is the heart?

Anyway, here are a couple of pieces I'm happy with, but they kind of prove my point. There is some value in being able to, for instance, recreate flowers, but where is the movement and flow. This is my current quest!

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy :-D

    I don't blog much any more, doing art instead & I'm also a poet. Anywho I watch Inkwell on Ustream & she shows us how to do stuff, FREE, I love the way she explains & the group of people in the chat are a blast. I'm known as APG, ArtistPoetGirl & Jamie Lynn, Here's the link if you want http://www.ustream.tv/channel/inkwell
    She usually is on Air Wednesday & Thursday 8 am CST. Hope to see ya there

    ReplyDelete