March 1, 2011

Creating even though...

Flowers - Available ATC
Thank you, Rhonda, for your supportive words. That is a lot of my issue right now, comparing myself to others. But I have to give myself credit for a major thing: after almost 30 years of being able to draw and yearning to create art, I'm finally doing it. Thanks to AFA and those addictive little trading cards, I actually show my art now, and have done more in the last 7 months than in my whole life previously. So now, to get out of that comparison mindset...I need to focus on what will make me feel like I am learning, growing, progressing, and expressing. And this is hard too.

I saw a workshop offered through Art Trader Magazine that explores creative expression, and helps one find his/her own style. I'm waiting for some money and then I think I'll take it. I'm also going to sit down tonight, get messy, and prep some journal pages.

The 365 project is great for me. I was working ahead for a while, but now I'm just caught up. Which means I have to do something to post everyday. I have so many reasons why its not a good day to create. But I did something even though (fill in the blank). I don't care if its my best, but I did it. Hopefully I'll have some art journal pages to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment