March 3, 2011

First journal page(s)

Page 1 Personal Journal
Yes, I actually put paint and marker and paper and glue and stamp to paper and started my own art journal. I am using prompts from a few art journalling books that I found and liked, but I must credit the book Journal Spilling: Mixed - Media Techniques for Free Expression by Diana Trout for getting me started at all. Her opening exercise is called Flash Flood Journaling/Collage Spilling, and it is the best thing I've found yet for getting past all restrictions and insecurities and getting started. I'm not going to spoil it for the author, I highly recommend you get it, no matter who you are or where you are on your artistic journey. It is published by Northlight Books, copyright 2009.

I also started Art Trader Mag's workshop on artistic style by Andrea Melione and Dana Driscoll.

Right now I want MORE MORE MORE when it comes to art, and I know that I could easily overwhelm myself, but I want to get better at art and keep meeting the awesome folks I've been meeting on the way. I suffer from depression and isolation, so this is important. I hope that it doesn't get in the way of my plans: more pagan swaps at AFA, more Rolos to keep in touch, a 365 project on portraits which is directly influence by "tascarini" at AFA (you must chech out Sandra's blog here), journals to spill into, tarot cards to create to grow into a deck, and hosting my own swap on Astrology. Keeping up with the 365 project at Naked Heart, and taking an online workshop. I pray that I can trek through the emotional sludge to accomplish these tasks.

Thanks for reading everyone and stop by again!

1 comment:

  1. awesome, traci! i really love my art journal, and i hope you find it actually pulls you cleanly through the sludge on some days. i love that about them!

    :)

    ReplyDelete