January 14, 2012

Art as therapy

Yes, we've all heard it before, but art really is therapy. With everything I've been going through lately, all the little and big stresses, I find if I have a project (or 2 or 3) going and within visual range, I'll sit down and work on it for a while and not only get out of my bad head space, but get a little art done, for better or worse.

I'm quite committed to getting better at my art, and want to qualify to join Illustrated ATC's at some point, but just the fact that art is part of my daily (and sometime hourly, if I had my way!) life is a gift. I always wanted to be the person with a small pad and pencil in my purse in case I had to wait somewhere and draw instead of read or fret. Now I am. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Just testing the system here...seeing if I am notified of comments. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete