February 21, 2011

Still Stuck

It seems my creative muse is out of town. I have been zentangling, finishing up the pencil/charcoal swap, doing some kind of art every day. But this moley spread is kicking my butt. I don't seem to have any confidence in any of my skills. Maybe its because I've chosen to do a landscape which is not my strong suit. If I did collage, it would be great, but I'm really no good at that. My choices are to buckle down and get the drawing done, or to collage it anyway and hope for the best. Great. My first moley in my first moley swap and I'm freaked out!

I think I'm just not feeling very positive these days. I really don't like my job, and I want to find something to do in art, but motivation is low. I hope I can get past this slump and start producing again. Wish me luck!

Anyway, here are a few pieces I've finally finished.
APC for Joss
APC for Joss



Traded Rolo

2 comments:

  1. Okay... the moley theme is landscape? What's your favorite landscape type? Mountains, lake and trees, ocean shore? What landscape types are in your photos? Do you have your choice of medium? Just relax and think of your favorite peaceful place and then think how you can recreate that... simply... on a moley spread. Maybe altering a photo and incorporating that in the spread? (And why didn't I think of that when I was doing a moley group?)
    Relax and let your ideas flow.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend, thank you for the feedback! It has really helped, as well as the email that you wrote to me. I finally have a design and most of the work done. I made it mine, so we'll see how that turns out! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete