February 16, 2011

Chugging along...

Here are two pieces for the Hand Drawn swap at AFA.
Lovable
Sleek
WIP Siamese

The Siamese to the left is a work in progress. The last pic is from my zentangle journal (available as a print).

I'm still working on the layout for the moleskine journal swap (I'm working in a very very talented artist's journal...eeek!). I've also got rolos, altered playing cards, and ATCs that I've promised. It has been hectic in my household and with my job, but I'm still doing art every day and have kept up with the 365 project..yay!

I purchased two awesome drawing books for my portrait study, and I'll post my progress under the tab above that says "series". I've got all sorts of ideas but I want to get this moley spread just right and I'm so nervous! I don't have one particular style that I like to work in (yet), but I think I'll settle on a graphite drawing. Next is deciding upon exact image and layout. This is challenging, but as with everything else since I started this journey, it is all good!

Oh, and I'm also very seriously thinking about going back to school to get a digital arts certificate. I'd really like to work in the field of illustration, but I've heard this is very hard to get into. I'd like to create my own tarot deck someday, since I've been studying and reading tarot for about 15 years. I've also got my master's in counseling psychology (and have thought of doing art therapy, which is still a possibility), yet going back to school in a whole other field is very scary. But having reached almost the midpoint of my life, I'm not sure I can afford not to follow my passion anymore. Thus, the degree in digital arts, as there might be a way I can do art for a living and pursue illustration on the side.

Ok, enough yammering. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment